1944 held at Cleveland, Ohio.
Champion – Lind & Pomeroy Florists, Portland, Oregon (44-8)
Runner Up – Arizona Ramblers, Phoenix, Arizona
2-time defending champ, Jax Maids lost 2 straight, to Erin Brews of Cleveland 1-0 in 14 inn. and Arizona Ramblers 1-0 in 8 inn. They had a tough time finding suitable competition, playing mostly Men’s Military Base teams, playing a limited schedule, they were 30-5 against men and 14-3 versus women teams for a total combined record of 44-8.
Nira Deputy’s single scored Dottie Moore with the winning run for Portland in the 11th inning of the final. Deputy was 3-5 in the final game.
Alyse Johnson, Lind & Pomeroy (2-0, 12 IP, hurled a 1-hit shutout and a combined 9-0 no hitter with Betty Evans, Johnson got the win as she entered in the 3rd inning. She did not give up a hit in the 12 innings she pitched).
Lind & Pomeroy went 5-0 and did not give up a run, outscoring their opponents 27-0.
Marge Wood, Erin Brews (4-2, 60 IP, 70 Ks, 3 Shutouts).
Amy Peralta May, Arizona Ramblers (5-2 hurling 59 innings, Pitched 3 shutouts, including 2 no-hitters. Gave up only 4 runs in the 59 innings she pitched.
Louise Curtis, Arizona Ramblers (1-0, pitched 6 innings to gain win, Amy Peralta came in and pitched the last inning).
- Unofficial MVP – Betty Evans, Lind & Pomeroy (3-0, 3 shutouts, 25 IP, 42 K, 2 no-hitters), pitched a no hitter in the semis and a 1-0, 11 inn. 3-hitter in final. The 3 hits she gave up in the final game were the only hits she surrendered in the entire tournament.
- Batting Leader – Amy Peralta May, Arizona Ramblers (11-19) – . 577
1. Lind & Pomeroy Florists, Portland, OR (5-0) (Northwestern)
2. Arizona Ramblers, Phoenix, AZ (6-2) (Pacific Coast)
3. Stamford Nutmegs, Stamford, CT (3-2) (North Atlantic)
4. Erin Brews, Cleveland, OH (4-2) (Host)
5. Jeep Bars, Omaha, NE (2-2) (Western)
6. Sunday Morning Class, Toronto, ON (2-2) (East Canada)
7. Neons, Vancouver, BC (2-2) (West Canada-British Columbia)
8. Chicago Rock-olas, Chicago, IL (2-2) * (West Central)
9. Douglass Air Cargoettes, Oklahoma City, OK (1-2) (Southwestern
10. American Yarn, Mount Holly, NC (1-2) * (Southern)
11. Fink & Hine, Springfield, MO (1-2) (East Central)
12. Ambrosias, Denver, CO (1-2) (Rocky Mountain)
13. United Typewriters, Washington DC (0-2) (Central Atlantic)
14. Van’s TNT Girls, Rochester, NY (0-2) (Mid-Atlantic)
15. Jax Brewer Maids, New Orleans, LA (0-2) (Defending Champ)
16. Moose Jaw Royals, Regina, SK (0-2) (F) (West Canada)
NOTES: Northern Region did not send a team or did not hold a tournament. South Atlantic Region Disbanded in 1943 – South Atlantic States – merged with Southern Regional States.